Help & Gain
You would like to help the ministry abroad and gain new experiences? Israel, South America or Belarus are waiting for you! As a volunteer, you can join one of our bases and the work abroad, meet many new and exciting people, and gain tons of new experiences.
For young people who would like to volunteer for more than 6 months, the German Government offers the possibility of the International Youth Volunteer Service (IJFD). This serves as a learning and orientation experience. The goal is gaining social and intercultural competence, and we offer it in the area of social work.
You can join our Transformation Houses and Drug and Crime Prevention Projects, and help children in special situations of risk. At the same time you can get to know the people there and enjoy an unforgettable time. We currently offer places for volunteers in Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, and Ecuador.
For the Volunteer Program in Israel young people from the nations can serve people with disabilities in Israel as a special statement against antisemitism and contempt in our time. At the same time, the volunteers have the unique opportunity of getting insights into Israeli society and of gaining new experiences.
You can join the work in the Rehab Center, see the practical steps of drug rehab therapy, and help former drug addicts in practicing a new life style. At the same time, you will learn things for your own life and get to know a beautiful country.
Volunteers who are willing to go for at least 6 months, who have a permanent address in Germany and who are between 18-26 years old can receive a stipend through the IJFD by the Ministry for Families, Seniors, Women and Youth.
- Support for Board and Lodging (depending on the location full or partial coverage)
- Insurance for sickness, accidents and liabilities while abroad
- a small amount of pocket money
- continued payment of child benefits
- Recognition as occupational orientation
- support by a trained educational professional
- air fare
- possibly language course
We are glad you are interested in volunteering with TOS Ministries International.
Please make sure you meet all requirements.
Volunteers usually leave for their locations in September/October of each year. (For different timing, please contact us directly.) Deadline for applications is January of the same year.
Please submit the following documents for your application:
- completed application form with photograph
- detailed CV in the language of the country you wish to volunteer in
- completed self-assessment form
- 2 assessment forms completed by adults (at least one by a non-family member)
- passport scan
Please scan all documents and e-mail in a single pdf file. Please note that we are only able to process your documents, once they are fully submitted. We will review the documents for your application as a volunteer and invite you for an interview and Applicants' Day in February/March, if you are shortlisted. Following the Applicants' Day you will receive your final confirmation or rejection. Once you have received your confirmation, we still need a confirmation by your doctor or an Institute for Tropical Medicine that you are fit to serve in tropical climate, and a police certificate of good conduct.
For questions and
application forms please contact:
Volunteers need to be aware of the unusual challenges ahead of them, sometimes requiring personal commitment far beyond the limits of "regular" social activities. For this reason, the following personal abilities will be helpful:
- basic knowledge of the language of the country you are going to be serving in or willingness to acquire this prior to your volunteer term.
- openness for new things, a different culture, and different ways of life
- enjoying working with the target group
- commitment and motivation to make the most of your gifts and to support the local staff as much as possible
- openness to work in a Christian context
- We will be very happy if you have the ability to see what is necessary in a situation or project.
- no addition to substances (cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, pills, etc.), as we are working with people coming out of substance abuse
Note: If you are between 18-26 years old and have a permanent address in Germany, you may be eligible to receive a stipend. Read more in "Receive a Stipend".
Your privacy is important to us